Curbside recycling is picked up every week, the same day as your trash pickup (which is Friday for Queen Village, or Saturday on holiday weeks).
Philadelphia Offers Single-Stream Curbside Recycling
View printable recycling flyer (PDF, 511 kb).
What you can recycle curbside:
- Cans: Tin and aluminum cans, empty aerosol cans, empty paint cans rinsed out (no aluminum food trays or foil).
- Glass: Jars and bottles, rinsed out, no lids. No mirrors, ceramics or broken glass.
- Mixed Paper: Newspaper, magazines, mail (junk and personal), phone books, food boxes (remove plastic liner), computer paper, flyers, wrapping paper (no foil or plastic wrap), beverage cartons (no food-soiled paper, please!)
- Plastic Containers: #1 through #7 plastics. Look for the number on the bottom of the container to see if it’s acceptable.
- Cardboard: Empty and flattened
Learn more about the City of Philadelphia’s Recycling Program.