Long before William Penn and the founding of Philadelphia, Swedish settlers arrived in 1638 at a place the local Lenni Lenape Indian Tribe called “Wiccaco”, which means “pleasant Place.” Queen Village contains many “firsts” including Pennsylvania’s oldest church, the oldest and largest fabric row in the country, and the country’s first lead shot tower opened for business in 1808. Settlement Music School in Queen Village is one of the oldest community arts schools in the country. English surveyors Charles Mason and Jeremiah Dixon had offices on Front Street, near South. In 1763, all boundaries in America were measured using the latitude of this address the demarcation point. Row homes from the 17th, 18th and 19th century are common in Queen Village.